January 01, 2018

Writing Goals for 2018

Well, 2017 is in the past, and it's time to set up some new writing goals.

If I get that time management thing licked, I think this is going to be a really good writing year for me. I have a lot of great ideas floating around in my head. I hope I get to share most of them with you before the year is over.

I'm going to group my goals as follows:

1) Novel(s?).
This is the year I'm finally going to finish and submit a novel. I have a few ideas I'm really excited about, including one in the Eldritch Earth setting and a comedic space opera. And there's always the novel set in The Veldt.

I just need to pick one and follow through on it.

2) Stories.
In years past, I've tried to use calls for submission as inspiration and wind up missing deadlines by a mile. This year I want to write more stories just for me and find a market for them later.

Trying for twelve stories.

3) Social Media.

I want to continue the friendships I worked on in 2017 and grow more Twitter followers. I'm at just under 1400 followers today. Can I reach 2500 by the end of the year?

I'm also toying with starting an e-mail list, if I can create enough content. Thoughts?

4) Blogging.
I'm going to get back into my blog. Shooting for one a week for now. More Trashling Tales, certainly. But I'm also planning on blogging more about what exactly haiku fiction is and how I practice it.


There you go. Some goals in black and white. I need your help to keep me accountable.

How about you? What are your writing goals for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment