January 23, 2018

An Experiment in Social Media

Thanks to the opinions and advice of some writer-friends of mine, I now have an account on Steemit. I'm still exploring the potential of the site, but so far, it seems like a very unique way for creative types to get their content out there, especial poets, writers of fiction, and creative non-fiction.

Although I have plans to post new content too, I've started by re-posting an older story of mine entitled "Command Performance." The story is a weird western--a genre I really need to write more in--and originally appeared in 2007 in Science Fiction Trails, edited by David B. Riley. That makes it one of my earliest published stories. I've always envisioned Mr. Smith as being played by The Wild Wild West's Michael Dunn, and perhaps Bruce Campbell as Buck Reynolds.

I hope the fun I had in writing the story is clear, even though it's over a decade old. Let me know what you think. And look me up on Steemit! My handle is the same as I use on Twitter: @haikufictiondju.



Postscript: Mr. Riley apparently did well enough with the first series of sci-fi westerns that he went on to edit a number of further volumes. I had thought that the series had died out in 2014, but I made the delightful discovery tonight that it has been revived and is now taking submissions! I'm going to have to get something in. Mr. Riley is a great editor to work with, and I'd recommend any other writer submitting their best work to him as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment